News: Object Partners improves customer focus with Spring
Spring Enables Object Partners to Speed-up Project Lifecycle and Meet Customer Demand for Low-Cost, Simple and High-Quality Enterprise Java Applications
SAN MATEO, Calif., April 8, 2009: SpringSource, the enterprise Java leader, today announced that Object Partners, Inc. (OPI), an IT consulting firm that specializes in building and deploying large-scale applications, is using Spring to accelerate project lifecycles and meet customer demand for low-cost, easy-to-use enterprise Java applications in a variety of industries.
SpringSource employs the open source leaders who created and continue to drive innovation for Spring, the de facto standard programming model for enterprise Java applications. Spring is the leading platform to build, run and manage enterprise Java applications and delivers significant benefits for many projects, increasing development productivity and runtime performance while improving test coverage and application quality.
Prior to utilizing Spring, OPI used Java Enterprise Bean (EJB) technology to build its applications. However, the application development lifecycle was slow, forcing OPI to choose between re-using existing frameworks or investing extra resources into the painstaking process of developing new in-house application frameworks for each client. Both options presented significant quality and cost control challenges.
“Spring enables us to develop applications with simplicity,” explains David Reines, senior consultant for Object Partners. “This allows us to build more functionality for our clients; and makes the applications easier to maintain and more adaptable to new requirements that might come up.”
Spring delivers the following business results to OPI:
- Accelerated project ramp up and delivery: Spring triples developer efficiency in comparison to Java EE. With a faster development time, customers are more likely to hit their target delivery date because there is less complexity and fewer problems.
- Greater focus on client’s business needs: Spring has freed up OPI from writing framework code so they can concentrate on the business logic and work more closely with clients to deliver on business requirements.
- More innovative features: Object Partners is not only more productive, but can also work on more complex client features, such as a rich UI experience and integration with other systems.
- Greater application quality: With Spring, OPI automated the testing of all layers of the application with minimum effort. OPI’s thorough application testing ability translates directly into greater application quality.
- Successful hand-off to customer: As a consulting company, one of OPI’s primary goals is to enable their clients to move forward seamlessly after the project is complete. With Spring, customers have access to an architecture and a development methodology that is manageable for them along with a consistent programming model across the board.
“Businesses are looking for technology that removes complexity, increases productivity and quality and accelerates the application lifecycle,” said Rod Johnson, CEO of SpringSource. “We are pleased to provide our customers with simple software that delivers impressive and powerful results.”
SpringSource builds Java infrastructure software which eliminates the complexity of enterprise Java. SpringSource created Spring, the de facto standard platform to build, run and manage enterprise Java applications. SpringSource also employs the leading committers for Apache Tomcat and is the leading Tomcat support provider. SpringSource software has been designed from the ground up for complete portability and scalability for today’s data center and for next-generation virtualized, grid and cloud deployments. Nearly half of the Global 2000, including many of the world’s leading retail, financial services, manufacturing, healthcare, technology and public sector clients are SpringSource customers. For more information visit www.springsource.com.